Saturday, April 9, 2016

Everything You Need To Know For Your Best Wood Craft

Band Saw Reviews to Create your Best Woodcraft
When it came time to buy a new bandsaw I found myself buried in options. I wanted to find a high-quality tool with the right bells and whistles. I've poured through hundreds of band saw reviews and found some saws that stood out so I want to share my findings with you. Whether you are looking to get started woodworking or in the market for your next saw, I hope my personal band saw reviews will help you get accurate clean cuts for your next woodworking project.

I'm Bob Anderson and I love to learn about wood crafting to create unique homemade projects. I put great pride and effort in my projects and I hope this article helps you cut through some of the noise and find the best saw for you.

Rikon 14" Deliuxe Bandsaw ( Model 10-325)

article 6.1

This machine was voted Best Band Saw 2015 and it delivers far more than your average saw. It's driven by a 1-1/2-horsepower, 110/220-volt motor that functions smoothly and powerfully. And with a 13-inch re-saw capacity, it can easily re-saw slicing veneers, book-matched projects, and lumber sizing. It comes with two speed settings making it useful for a variety of applications. The 1,445-feet/minute setting is ideal for hardwoods, some plastics, and non-ferrous metals, while the 2,950-feet/minute setting can be used for other woodworking applications. The Rikon has a large 16-inch by 21-1/2-inch table that gives you plenty of workspace as well as a convenient tool storage cabinet at the bottom of the unit gives you a place to keep extra blades, jigs, or other tools.

JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kitarticle 6.2article 6.2article 6.2

article 6.6

The JET 14in. Deluxe Band Saw designed to meet the needs of today's most demanding woodworkers. There is no need to add a riser block this 14in. band saw comes with a massive cast iron frame for increased power that makes it ready to meet all resaw applications up to 12 inches head-on. Thanks to its sturdy, 15 x 15-inch work table that's designed to tilt 10 degrees left and 45 degrees right, the JWBS-14DXPRO gives you the flexibility to meet the unique demands of any project. And with a height of 43.5 inches, the table ensures you can meet a range of woodworking jobs. Another incredible feature I like is the new high tension spring design. For the organized woodworker this band saw helps you keep track of materials and reduce clutter in your shop by featuring an enclosed stand with a handy storage shelf. There's also an easy-access door so you can quickly grab what you need and get back to work.
article 6.2

PWBS-14CS 14-in. Bandsaw

article 6.3

One of 2016's Best Band Saws, the Powermatic PM1800 is a zero-compromise machine. The stout 805 lb. frame and guides, massive upper wheel assembly, and threaded blade tensioner can easily support the widest resaw blades. A 24-in. square table, split front to back for easy blade changes (I change blades often), offers great workspace and it mounts on massive cast-iron trunnions. Using a rack-and-pinion assembly with an 8-in. handwheel, the table tilt is a breeze. The 18-in. throat and resaw measurements and a standard 5 hp, 240-volt motor provide plenty of capacity and power to handle the widest boards and thickest planks. Another must-have feature is the sturdy, chrome-plated thumbscrews making the roller blade guides easily adjusted and will maintain their settings. The thrust bearing is grooved to better support narrow blades, a feature that’s unique to Powermatic.

The large, dual-position aluminum fence provides 6-1/2 in. of support for resawing and a short 1/2-in. face for close guide support when ripping thin material. I've seen this saw in action and it is impressively quiet, powerful, easy to set up, and as stout as any big, vintage cast-iron bandsaw.

Hopefully these band saw reviews help you narrow the field. I've poured through hundreds of pages of research, forums and blogs and I've provided the most consistent top performers. As someone who hopes to fill my home with wooden furniture that I created, I know the importance of having the right saw in my shop- I hope you do too.

"Product Images Sourced From Amazon.com"

The post Everything You Need To Know For Your Best Wood Craft appeared first on Blogtrepreneur - For Busy Entrepreneurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment